Black unkept home about me unkept black contact unkept black

Friday, May 1, 2015

Chicago is my kind of town!

Howdy!

On to the third part of my "Flash Back Friday" Series! This time we are heading over to Chicago! I was lucky enough to be able to see Steven Colbert's commencement speech at Northwestern university and decided to spend the weekend in Chicago! It is a beautiful city and I love the Gothic architecture. Not to mention, the weather was amazing! I'm so use to Houston's summer where it's humid and hot, but it felt great in Chicago. Alright! Onto the good stuff: The Pictures!!

(Cue "My kind of Town" by Frank Sinatra) 

Only have 2-3 days to spend in Chicago?? Well, here are somethings you should definitely do, especially if it's your first time!  

Walk the city! I love the architecture and the buildings! 
Walk through DePaul University, or go see where they filmed the famous batman scene where he's speeding down the street under the bridge!  








Hungry from all that walking? Get some deep dish pizza! Places like Gino's East Pizzeria. Not only was the pizza delicious, they also had IBC Root beer, my favorite! The walls inside are all painted chalkboard with words written from people from all over the world! 



Not a fan of Pizza? Try Rick Bayless' Xoco. Keep in mind, both of these places are extra busy! We had to stand in a line that wrapped the corner for both. Also Rick's is a smaller place than Gino's. Both were delicious! 

After eating, head on down to the Navy Pier! There's shops, games, food, and live music! Not only that, but there is also a Children's Museum! Spend sometime exploring around or if you're tired, there's an IMAX theater, stay inside and rest your feet while watching a new movie! You can even rent bicycles or take a cruise. Dinner time? Don't worry, Navy Pier has a variety of restaurants as well. Not to mention, it looks beautiful at night. 



Next day? The Willis tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower) is a must! It's not a whole lot of walking so you'll be taking a break from the day before. You'll be getting a mini history lesson as well, and that view? You won't want to miss that! 



For those brave souls out there, don't forget to step out on the sky deck! I'm afraid of heights and was afraid to step out, but I'm so glad I did and was able to cross that one off my bucket list.


On to the next one! It was nice being able to stay inside all morning but how about some fresh air? Stroll on down to Millennium Park! 


Come on the right day and you'll be able to see a live performance! 
Don't forget to get your photo-op at The Bean! 


Want a relaxing evening? Take a Chicago boat tour! You get to learn a lot about all the different buildings, when they were built, and when they were renovated. At the same time you learn about the architecture as well as history of Chicago and fun little facts. If you don't care about that? Well the views are still worth the ride. 


Of course there are many other things to do in Chicago but don't forget to add these on the list!

This was my first time in Chicago and although it was limited, I had a great time in the windy city! I know this post was a little different from my other ones. I hope you guys enjoyed it and possibly found it somewhat useful :) 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Adventure is out there ;)

- Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment