Black unkept home about me unkept black contact unkept black

Friday, April 17, 2015

A trip down memory lane to Yellowstone, Wyoming!

     It's been an incredibly rainy and gloomy day here in Houston, Texas today. I've been busy with appointments all day and just wanted a little sunshine, so today's post will be a "flash back Friday" or in other words "I don't want to do homework" post. Let's rewind and think back to the sunnier time, back to when I went to Yellowstone in Wyoming. . . where the buffalo roam, where the deer and the antelope play, where seldom is heard a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day! No, but seriously they sang this song at the Old Faithful inn and it was amazing. (Song: Home on the Range by John Denver) 

My family and I travel pretty often and that's where my love for traveling came from. Yellowstone was one of those family trips. It was my very first time going to Wyoming and let me tell ya... it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Hold on, let me show ya. And let's just say pictures do not do this place justice! 



Sorry for the blurriness and reflection from the window. This photo was taken while we were in the rental car. 

My father did an amazing job planning out this entire trip. That first day we drove all the way up to the tip top and stayed at a cabin for a week (Mammoth Hot Springs Home & Cabins). The following week, we stayed in the middle section of Yellowstone (Old Faithful Inn)  and the last week we spent half the time at the bottom part of Yellowstone and the other half in the small town of Jackson hole, Wyoming. 

Now! Onto the highlights of this trip! Living in Houston, Texas I am not accustomed to seeing Mountains and there were SO many mountains! I loved it! People who see mountains everyday: Don't take it for granted! It's a sight I miss very much. 




Speaking of things I don't see much here in Houston, the wildlife! It's amazing being able to see these animals just living in their natural habitat and not behind a cage or walls. I'm sad I wasn't able to observe wolves or bears but I very much enjoyed seeing the many.. and I mean MANY elk and buffaloes. 




Another thing you absolutely should not miss when you're in Yellowstone, the bodies of water! Whether that is the lakes, rivers, waterfalls or hot springs and geysers, they're all worth the trip! 






And then of course, there's the famous Old Faithful Geyser! 



I highly recommend a trip to Yellowstone! Even if your aren't an outdoors type of person, I think you still would enjoy the trip! It is so beautiful there and the weather is amazing! We went in August and the weather was just right! 

I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed re-living the moments! Thanks for taking a quick trip down memory lane with me! Remember, Adventure is out there! ;) 

- Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment