Black unkept home about me unkept black contact unkept black

Friday, April 24, 2015

I want to wake up, in a city that never sleeps!

Hellooo!

Let's do another flashback Friday shall we? Let's go to New York, New York! I went to New York about two years ago for about a week. It was my first time going, so of course I did all the tourist-y things: Statue of Liberty, The Met, Central Park, Times Square etc.

(Cue Theme from New York, New York By Frank Sinatra!) 

We went to times square first of course since it was right around the corner from our hotel. I did some shopping and exploring the city that very first day.
Next we went to Central Park which is HUGE. I definitely wasn't able to experience every part of it (next time!)  It was beautiful though. Weather was on point and it was nice to have a relaxing stroll through the park to escape the bustling of the city around it. 





Not to mention, I loved seeing all the performers! One of my favorites: Tin Pan! They are so amazing! (Go Check them out on facebook!) Also, love this candid shot of them, it's not every day you see a sax player standing on a bass! 



You can't go to New York without visiting The Met! I really enjoyed seeing all the exhibits. 




We also took a ferry out to see the Statue of Liberty! Unfortunately, she was under construction so there was a lot going on. Also, it was an incredibly gloomy day but there was no way I couldn't go see her! I really wish I had been able to go inside her though (that's what she said? No? Not classy??).  




On the way back from the Statue of Liberty we went through Grand Central Terminal. I was in New York for the first time, there was no way I wasn't going to hit all the tourist-y spots! 



We also went to the 9/ll Memorial, which I highly recommend! I still remember that day clearly, although I was rather young. It's a nice way to have a time where you can reflect and pay your respects. I commend them for building such a beautiful place! I won't add any pictures but You have to go if you ever visit New York. 

Lastly, we spent a day relaxing and enjoying nature's beauty at New York Botanical Gardens. This is place is underrated, I do not hear about it enough but it is GORGEOUS. The flowers are absolutely breath taking, they even have a Japanese rock garden! During the time that I visited they also had a special Monet's Garden. I loved that the more you walked through the gardens you would happen upon poems set up everywhere. I'm a huge lover of poetry and this just set the entire mood of the garden for me. As much as I enjoyed walking through the city it's always nice to have a little escape like this and central park. It's just so calming and relaxing. I hope you enjoy these flower pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them! Sorry I don't actually remember the names of the flowers :/ I like them but I'm not very educated about flowers.












We also walked the bridge! Which was long, but worth it. The view was amazing! This photo is one my father took of me taking a picture of the Brooklyn bridge. 



And I end this post with a view of New York from above!



Sorry for the lack of words in this post but I hope the pictures made up for it!
Thanks for stopping by once again! :)
Adventure is always out there!

- Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment