Black unkept home about me unkept black contact unkept black

Friday, July 24, 2015

DIY Toy Story's Woody Disney Fund Jar!

Howdy!

I have a Disney DIY today! I have previously done a DIY Mickey Mouse Disney Fund Jar and now I've done another Disney Fund Jar, this time in the shape of Woody from Toy Story!





The Materials:


  • Mason Jar - I used a Quart size. You can get a pack of 12 from Amazon for about $8. (Mason Jars)
  • Masking Tape
  • Sponge Brush/Paint Brushes (A big one to paint the jar and a thin tipped one for detailing) 
  • Blue Paint (For Woody's Jeans)
  • Yellow Paint (For Woody's shirt)
  • Red Paint (For the lines of Woody's Plaid Shirt)
  • White Paint (For Woody's Vest)
  • Black Paint (For the Cow spots on Woody's Vest)
  • Brown Paint (For Woody's Belt)
  • Gold Paint (For woody's buckle) 
  • Sheriff's Badge (I got a pack from the dollar store)
  • Red Bandanna 
  • Two Buttons (optional) You can opt to draw these on instead. 
  • Glue Gun
  • Sealant 

The first thing you will need to do is to tape the masking tape a little bit more than half way down the jar. This will be where you paint Woody's jeans. I wanted to focus on the top half of woody so I only designated a little bit for his jeans. 

Paint the bottom half of the jar blue - I used 3 coats. Take the tape off and let it dry! 




Once that is done you will use the yellow paint - I chose a muted yellow - and paint the top half of the jar. You don't have to worry about this TOO much. I only used one coat for the entire jar and two coats only on the front of the jar and the line between the blue and yellow. We are going to paint white over most of the yellow, so it doesn't have to be perfect. 



After the yellow is dry, I went in with a precision brush and used the white paint to draw in Woody's vest. I used about 2 coats for this. Remember this will go around the entire jar, front and back. 



I let the white dry and then drew on the red to make his shirt into a plaid shirt. You can tell that it is no where close to perfect. I had a bit of trouble keeping the lines straight all the way down and all the way around the jar. You just have to be really patient and keep a steady hand when drawing the lines. 



After that was dry I drew on the black cow spots for Woody's vest. I outlined each spot first and then when I was sure I liked where each was located I colored in the spots. 



Front:


Back:




Again, let the dry for at least an hour or so. After that was dry I drew on Woody's belt. I started with his belt buckle and just drew a gold oval and colored that in. I really did not like the gold paint I used because it was rather streaky, but it'll do. After I drew that I drew the belt straps. I kept a couple of spaces between the belt to mimic belt loops. I had to use about 3 coats of the brown paint. 




Once that is dry, bring out the hot glue gun! I took a sheriff badge and broke off the clip on the back and hot glued that onto Woody's vest. Hold that there for a couple of seconds and then do the same for his two buttons! 



Lastly, Woody's bandanna! I took a regular size bandanna and cut it down to a smaller square. I just eye-balled this and just keep cutting it smaller until it fits the size that you want. Roll it down like you would a regular bandanna and then hot glue it onto the neck of the jar.  





TA-DA! That's it! This would be a cute way to encourage your kids to save up money and put it in their own little jars for souvenirs and what not! I hope you enjoyed this DIY, feel free to leave comments, questions or suggestions! :) Have a great day!

- Laura 





No comments:

Post a Comment